When you prepare for the Sacrament of Confirmation you learn to share, serve, you enjoy spiritual growth, have fun and you join the fellowship of those who are being confirmed with you and those who have been confirmed before you.
The Spirit of truth will be with you forever. John 14:15-17
- To be confirmed you must be 13 years of age
- You must have been Baptised, received the Sacrament of Reconciliation and received your First Holy Communion
- Young people making their Confirmation should be practicing catholics and be in a state of grace and be able to show that they have an understanding of what is expected from them as members in faith within the Catholic Church.
- Candidates for the Sacrament of Confirmation will be asked to complete the NCDP Form giving details of their Parent/Guardian, where and when they were baptized, where and when they made their First Holy Communion and who the priest was at both ceremonies. This Form will be available through the school.
- Each person will be expected to go to mass every week, to take part in preparations in school, to choose their own sponsor, to choose a special name for themselves. Interpreting services will be provided at such Ceremonies